Trichoderma biofertilizers, Trichoderma biofertilizer, are becoming more common and more misunderstood. In this post, I’ll discuss the use of beneficial Trichoderma fungi as a biofertilizer.
Trichoderma are a microscopic fungi that are naturally present in most soils. To insure high populations of Trichoderma or to replenish populations lost to over farming, Trichodema can be added to soils by the use of Trichoderma biofertilizers. These fertilizers have a number of important benefits to the plant:
- Reduces the use of traditional fertilizers (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium). Reduces the pollution from overuse of NPK.
- Improves plant growth, crop yield, and nutritional quality.
- Form a symbiotic relationship with plant roots increasing tolerance to plant stress such as drought.
- Production and release of beneficial plant growth hormones.
- Takes advantage of microbe plant interactions.
- Increase ROI – Return on Investment for commercial farmers.
All three products are Trichoderma biofertilizers and contain 4 species of beneficial Trichoderma fungi. They include:
- Trichoderma harzianium
- Trichoderma viride
- Trichoderma koningii
- Trichoderma polysporum
All three products are designed as soil conditioners. That is they are to help improve soil conditions by increasing the populations of beneficial soil microorganisms.
Custom GP is a liquid concentrate and contains 4 species of beneficial fungi. Custom GP is also available as a fizzytab.
Biota Max™ contains both beneficial Trichoderma and beneficial soil bacteria. As a combination product, Biota Max™ is unique to the biofertilizer industry. Each tablet treats 1/4 acre or 1/10 hectare. Biota Max™ is equally useful in the home garden and the commercial farm. Great as a seed treatment too!
More information about Trichoderma biofertilizers can be obtained by contacting Custom Biologicals at (561) 797-3008 or via email at Bill@Custombio.biz.
We’re always looking for new distributors, both domestic and international. Here’s a link to our distributor information.